Roots coming out of loo roll parsnips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roots coming out of loo roll parsnips

Before I went on holiday my loo roll parsnips were titchy. Now I'm back the roots are poking out of the bottom.

Should I chance planting them or will they grow all twisty and mutant like? Do I need to start again?

if not to bad put them in and chance it,the worst thing to happen will be the need to chop a bit of the bottom,when preparing them,put some in,and start some more of,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Plant the parsnips Amanda. They will be fine. Maybe a wee bit twisted at the bottom. They won't win any prizes at the show but will be just fine for the table.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

will someone explain the loo roll growing thing to me pls? do you just bung a loo roll in the compost and put a seed in it? is it to grow straight carrots etc or am i being a bit thick??

Comment

Alice and Lottie, many thanks. Last years were gnarly, twisted monsters that were unpeelable and were donated to my neighbours hens. I'll try chitting some on damp paper too.

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
            will someone explain the loo roll growing thing to me pls? do you just bung a loo roll in the compost and put a seed in it? is it to grow straight carrots etc or am i being a bit thick??
            If you use your Search button and type in LOO ROLL you'll get loads of hits.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
              Before I went on holiday my loo roll parsnips were titchy. Now I'm back the roots are poking out of the bottom.
              Kitchen rolls are better for parsnips
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                If you use your Search button and type in LOO ROLL you'll get loads of hits.

I tried the search facility for this and other queries - it does not bring up specific information but everything that might merely mention the item searched for ! maybe I need even more search criteria, i will try that now..
                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
                  You don't bung a loo roll into the compost. You bung compost into the loo roll innerd and put a seed in the top. Works for beans, peas, carrots and parsnips. Anything that needs deep roots for whatever reason as the whole cardboard roll gets planted out when you put the plant into its final position.
                  Last edited by zazen999; 03-05-2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X