Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aubergines - leaves turning yellow

Hi
    I suspect that I have overwatered my aubergines. The leaves are turning yellow. Looking for some advice as to what I should do, or if you think that yellow leaves are due to overwatering or something else...Do you think if I repot then in fresh soil they will recover? They are looking rather sad at the moment, about 2" high and in 2 and 3" pots

Thanks
    Tracy

Hum - this could be watering or feeding issues.

How old are they?

I wonder if it is because they are too cold at night and maybe getting too hot & dry during the day. They like it warm, sunny, humid - are you offering these conditions?

They will need some TLC now - They are quite small so I'm not sure I would re-pot just yet, unless you are sure your soil is doing the damage. Try drying them out for a day or two then a small quantity of half strength liquid feed to see if they perk up.

Do you have a thermometer to check the temperature they are experiencing? Personally I would suspect this first.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, I sowed them in February and thought they were doing ok until recently. The soil is pretty wet tbh, I gave them some tomato feed but I think too much. The are in the greenhouse which I was heating at night but stopped also recently as it was getting warmer so yes could be the temperature too. I've just taken then inside as it's quite cold today. I'll keep them inside for a wee bit to keep more of an eye on them.
      Thanks again
      Tracy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X