Lime

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lime

I bought a box of lime from B&Q for about 7 quid a few weeks ago. You don't get very much in a box though. A friend advised me that its much cheaper to buy gypsum type plaster for plastering walls because its only a couple of quid for a large bag. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it and got it to work, or is there specific reasons why it shouldn't be used?

You can use Gypsum to improve clay soil, but I'm not sure it's a replacement for lime
    There's some pretty good info on this link, but bear in mind that they are manufacturers (I think) so want it to sound amahzing!
    Soil Improvement - Gypsum New Zealand

Comment

You should have gone to your nearest allotment shop. if you do not have a plot we charge £1 a year membership. But we sell lime and all the other chemicals, (Blood Fish Bone, Horn and Hoof, growmore), loose. You can have a 25kg bag or 1 kg or anything in between, 3 kilo is about £2.5.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I know where there used to be an allotment shop. I'll pop by there some time and see if its still there and find its opening times. It was already on my to do list though.

Comment

Dynamo-- Put you location on your profile. It will help you cos people in your area will be able to give you specifc advice.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X