Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beetroot Cake

Hi
    I've been an avid viewer of the forum but having lost my password twice now have not been taking part, new leaf turned over and determined not to lose it again.
    So another Beetroot cake recipe, I found this on the Riverford website and it turned out beautifully. One of the few I could find that used raw beetroot.
    250g self-raising flour sieved
    2tsp baking powder
    150g soft brown sugar
    100g sultanas
    200g beetroot peeled and grated (about two medium sized)
    150ml vegetable or sunflower oil
    2 medium sized eggs beaten
    Preheat oven to 180C, 350F or Gas Mark 4
    Grease and line an 8" loose based cake tin (I used a 2lb loaf tin for ease of cutting, worked just as well)
    Mix together the flour, baking powder and soft brown sugar in a large bowl
    Add the sultanas and grated beetroot
    Beat the oil and the eggs together and add to the bowl
    Combine with either a wooden spoon or electric mixer (found I needed the mixer as the beetroot tends to stick together)
    Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 1-1 1/4 hours.

This rose beautifully and tastes delicious, the cake flecked with red so looks very pretty too. Might add some spice when I make another one - I have another 8 beetroot left to play with!
    best wishes
    Sue

Hi Sue

The cake sounds really nice. I like things with unusual ingredients so might well give that a go

Comment

Hi Sue

made this last night 1 for home & 1 for work - the one i bought into work this morning has dissappeared already and everyone said it was really good!!! Will definately be making again,
      Thanks for the recipie
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X