Purple Sprouting Broccoli Soup Recipe

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Sprouting Broccoli Soup Recipe

I have a glut of purple sprouting broccoli and was wondering if anybody has any soup recipes which are also suitable for freezing?

All my soup recipes start with onions and celery, or celery salt...and leeks if possible, but basically just throw anything in with the onions and celery and it usually works. Add stock, seasonings, whizz down and bob's your uncle. I add creme fraiche to my broccoli soup, and have been known to add a courgette in when i have one knocking about.

Comment

There's a nice one in the Abel and Cole cookbook but unfortunately I've lent it to a friend at the moment so can't post it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I made some psb soup a couple of weeks ago (pretty much as Zazen has said). Basic recipe, onion, psb and potato which gave a lovely texture, oh and stock. Sauteed the onions added stock, in with the pots and brought to the boil about 15 mins and then added psb. cooked till tender and then blitz in machine. Very tasty and a lovely colour.
        Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Just the other day I made the same soup as zazen999. It was delicious. Instead of creme fraiche try blue cheese as well.

Comment

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I know what I'm having for supper tonight!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X