Round Courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Courgettes

Just bought some REALLY cheap courgette seeds from Aldi.

There is a lot of foreign writing on the pack but the bits in English say it is light green, round shaped fruit.

On the packet are the names Cucurbita pepo and Di Nizza (Which apparently means marrow or courgette).

Any ideas or tips on how I should grow this cheapo pack of seeds, should I treat them like a normal courgette or is a different approach needed - or should I have saved myself 19p!

All help appreciated folks!
    sigpic

For 19p, bargain.

Just grow like normal courgettes, if a courgette can ever be called normal.

Comment

I would treat as a normal courgette. Last year I grew one ball with are round yellow ones
      AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
        Last year I grew one ball ... round yellow ones
        That's too much information

Comment

Just grow as you would courgettes. I grew these round ones last year.
          Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I'm growing these for the first time too.

I put a couple of seeds in a tub under the sink, one germinated in three days, the other one hasn't germinated yet and it's been 10 days.

I think I should have soaked them first for a day as the coating is quite thick on them.
            Last edited by 21again; 13-04-2009, 10:53 PM.
            Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

I am glad you noticed the thick coating on the seed 21again, I thought I had bought some duds as they were so cheap!

Since my first post I have sown some in pots in my heated propagator so will see how they go from there.
              sigpic

Comment

N o difference between long and round courgettes, just the shape.

Patience Grasshopper 21again, remember that they grow when (or even if) they want to, not when we want them to and some seeds take longer than others, that's just the way things are.

I have a large pot of Ronde de Nice coming through, some are well on and into second leaves ready to be planted into individual pots and some are just popping through.

And if you like them, remember to keep one fruit for seeds next year, unless they're F1s that as, they may not come back true.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I grew round courgettes a couple of years ago, nice talking point. They are supposed to be good for stuffing, you take the seeds in the middle out and stuff it

Gave up on them though, something to do with the OH telling me that they were a PITA to prepare or something and she preferred the normal shaped ones.
                  "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X