Autumn raspberries query

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn raspberries query

Just wondered, the autumn raspberries I planted last year.....cut them back in February. There are LOADS of new plants coming up , some quite a distance from the original stick!!! How many should I leave?
    It will be a jungle if I leave them all to fill out!
    Bit of a novice with fruit, but having a go!
    "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Leave as many as you 'need'!

We had loads of 'spares' of JoanJ, they're quite thuggish! (But they make great gin! )
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

The only problem with allowing them all to mature is access for you to harvest etc and also risk of mildew and any other nastys. Alternatively remove any obvious offenders and replant elsewhere. I have 5 x 12 rows and enjoy fresh rasperrys and icecream for desert from August to 1st frost. Wonderful )

Comment

Hi, thanks for that. Think I get what to do now.....also found a little piece in the mag about it...
        "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X