Problem with my dwarf french beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my dwarf french beans

Following a thread on here a few weeks ago i planted 6 DFB in a pot and kept it in the house (sunny conservatory during the day and in besite the radiator at night). All seeds have germinated and seemed to be doing well but the last few days some of the leaves seem to be going curly and drying up. rest of the plant looks healthy enough and still growing. never seen this before so no idea what the reason might be! dont think i'm over or underwatering and compost was new (cant remember what make though).

hopefully someone has an idea!

Maybe too hot in the sun in the conservatory? If it's sunny and warm in the daytime, perhaps they'd be happier outside, then back in at night? And it should be warm enough indoors without being next to the radiator, I think.
    I can't think of anything else

Comment

im deffinatly no expert but maybe its their seed leaves curling up and dropping off, its happening with my cucumber at the moment and was told they are ment to do it when they get their true leaves, maybe its the same with DFB im sure someone will know for deff, good luck

Comment

Not sure as it's difficult to say without seeing it but it sounds like your beans are getting too dry and hot. I'd move them away from the radiator and make sure they're not getting too hot in the conservatory in the daytime. Mine are about 5" tall and spend their time 24 / 7 in the conservatory and seem to be thriving although some way off actually producing!

Re the cucumber seed leaves, mine don't die off at all, was always under the impression that the seed leaves only drop off if the plant gets under stress.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Dwarf beans have little 'arms' which are the 2 sides of the original bean - they don't get seed leaves as such.

It's definitely too warm, a light window should be warm enough for them without the radiator at night.

Make sure that they are given a good saucer of water/feed every day and keep adding it until they stop soaking it up. They are very thirsty plants.

Comment

thanks folks. took all your advice and think they are a bit happer now that they arent spending half their day in a sauna!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X