Cape gooseberries where to plant out?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape gooseberries where to plant out?

Planted some seeds of cape gooseberries, and tomitillos.. Lots of the cape gooseberries have come up, are they strong enough to withstand being up the lottie when they are older do you think? It is quite a wind swept site.
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

They should be Miffy, they're pretty hardy tho because they tend to fruit a bit later in the year, they may need some staking. Mine grow up with the peas and beans so use the pea/bean supports.
    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Good to know, I have a few of these, currently however they are going nowhere as they are only about 4mm high lol.
      Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

do you think it's warm enough to grown them outside in scotland?

Comment

Thanks TonyF i've got just the spot for them on my plot, will let you know how i get on.
          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X