Chilli, garlic & lime chicken wings/drumsticks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli, garlic & lime chicken wings/drumsticks

Trying out a new recipe tonight which sounds good on paper but the test is in the eating/taste. As a twist it uses Roses Lime Marmalade which I am a big fan of. (Just bought a jar of their grapefruit one to try, though not in this...promise)

20 chicken wings or 10 drumsticks (or combo)
    4 tablespoons lime marmalade
    2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
    1-2 red chillies chopped (seeds in or out depending on how hot you like it)
    3 large garlic cloves crushed
    1" piece of ginger, peeled and finely choped
    2 limes, zest and juice

To serve: sour cream, extra lime wedges, a green salad, chopped green coriander.

Mix marmalade and sugar together. Add the rest of the ingredients. Chuck in chicken and coat with marinade. Leave for an hour in fridge or as long as you've got up to 24 hours.

Spread out in a large roasting tin in a single layer. Try and keep a space between each piece or will sweat rather than brown, use 2 tins if necessary. Roast in a medium hot oven til cooked. About 30-40 mins at Gas mark 6/200C for wings and another 10 mins for drumsticks. If using a combo, put drumsticks in first for 10-15 mins then add wings. Turn them over half way. If get to brown cover with foil.

Serve on big plate, sprinkled over with the coriander. Sour cream and salad on side. I'm doing new potatoes tossed in olive oil and sea salt but would also be good with crusty bread.

Pud's a summer fruit trifle or strawberry and rhubarb icecream with a cherry compote....way to go....I love having friends round to share a meal.

Rossa, let us know how it goes - I have some chicken thighs in the freezer that would be perfect for this. Might be nice with potato wedges given the sour cream. Mmmmmm......

Comment

Can I come round for tea? It sounds fab, let us know how it goes.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Went very well, thanks.

I found chicken a bit sweet for my taste so will use 3 limes next time. Too much marinade so only cooked the chicken (drumsticks only) in half of it. Put the remainder in a saucepan and simmered for about 5 mins. Served separately as a sauce. Will certainly do it again.

It would make a great dish for a Mexican themed evening with beer or tequilas, tortillas and/or corn chips, guacamole, and some chilli tomato salsa, that sortof thing. Or just when you want a fun, eat with your fingers night. Could even BBQ the marinated chicken so you get that smoked flavour.

Another dinner coming up this Sunday. Pot roasted guinea fowl in white wine with a cream and parsley sauce. Also trying braised little gem lettuces to go with it. Starter is salmon rillettes, a sort of pate with fresh salmon and smoked salmon with a chicory salad, toast and some of that cheap caviar stuff. Not decided on a pud yet.

Comment

that sounds lovely, must try it.
          always good to hear how recipes go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X