Forcing Rhubarb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing Rhubarb

I've never done this before, so I've put a bucket over my rhubarb. Is there anything else I have to do?
    AKA Angie

I don't know about forcing rhubarb but found this in the feeling fruity section.
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...arb_29767.html
    Last edited by Pickle; 29-03-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Oh thanks Pickle, I'll take a look
      AKA Angie

Comment

Oh dear, I've just looked on the gardeners world website and according to that it is too late for forcing rhubarb. I've had a look under the bucket and it has certainly shot up. Have I ruined my rhubarb crop for this year? Should I take the bucket off?
        AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
          Oh dear, I've just looked on the gardeners world website and according to that it is too late for forcing rhubarb. I've had a look under the bucket and it has certainly shot up. Have I ruined my rhubarb crop for this year? Should I take the bucket off?
          Change the bucket for some thing deeper like a old dustbin you will get longer sticks....jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Thanks Jacob, I will do that. Is it okay to still force them even tho the website said to do it between November and February?
            AKA Angie

Comment

I would think it ok if you like nice long pink stick they are more tender and not so tough....jacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X