Bush varieties of pumpkins??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush varieties of pumpkins??

Hi, just wondered if anyone can recommend a bush variety of pumpkin to grow? We grew some last year and they took over the far end of the allotment!
    I thought I'd look into bush or semi bush types. How semi is semi bush? I assume a bush one would take up about as much space as a bush courgette??
    Thanks!
    "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Have you ever tried training squash up supports? Just a thought.
    Serene she stand amid the flowers,
    And only count lifes sunny hours,
    For her dull days do not exist,
    Evermore the optimist

Comment

Hi, good idea Victoria, I trained mine over and old garden arch which I had shortened and put in my raised bed. That way I could still grow veg underneath. Haven't seen a bush variety of pumpkin but last year I grew baby bear which is a small pumpkin about 6 inches diameter.
      AKA Angie

Comment

I grew loads of Golden Nugget bush pumpkin last year. 2 or 3 fruits per plant, softball size fruit. Stored really well over winter in shed.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I grew loads of Golden Nugget bush pumpkin last year. 2 or 3 fruits per plant, softball size fruit. Stored really well over winter in shed.
          Thanks Two Sheds, I did a bit of research on tinternet and I came up with that variety, think I'll give it a go!
          "Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves." Helen Keller

Comment

I have some bonbon for this year - it is supposed to be a bush variety. I have never gron them before so I don't know what to expect though........................
            Tx

Comment

A generous grape gave me some sweet dumpling squash seeds. I'm growing them in gardinieres so the tumble over the edge.
              Serene she stand amid the flowers,
              And only count lifes sunny hours,
              For her dull days do not exist,
              Evermore the optimist

Comment

Summer Ball F1 is a new pumpkin that can be grown in a pot (i'll see if i can attach a pic). You can harvest them at small round courgette size (and use as a courgette) or leave 2 or 3 fruits on to mature to full size which are good for cooking and can even be carved.

I've seen them growing and they look fab - not grown it myself tho

google for suppliers or send me a pm if you can't find it.
                Attached Files
                There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
                Happy Gardening!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X