Physalis - Cape gooseberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physalis - Cape gooseberries

A quick question.... has anyone grown these and how well do they do in a greenhouse? I planted somw today, so I'lll see for myself by the end of the growing season I suppose, but was just wondering.....
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

they get mahoosive, keep pinching them out to keep them i check,

i have grown them for a couple of years in the g/house and at home on the patio in a pot, i found they do take a while to ripen but I think they are worth the wait.
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

Comment

good thing I stopped at 2 pots then cheers for that. Roughly how many do you get off each bush?

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

They are a bit of a triffid,many years ago one plant took over the whole end of a 6x8 greenhouse.Rippened fine,but no one in our family liked them,guinea pigs ended up eating them.

Comment

you will get loads off them, they just seem to keep on going, if they are happy they are very prolific.
          Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
          Bob Dylan

Comment

*Rubs hands in glee...* Lucky guinea pigs! They make great jam and cheesecakes!

Comment

There are also dwarf varieties which are more manageable.

Comment

Thanks realfood, however I already have the seeds, wish I'd have known about the dwarf varieties prior to purchasing mid summer last year....

Comment

Plant them in a restricted area RT. My old neighbour had some along his drive, so I pinched some and put them in the back garden. They took over, sending out runners under the ground and I couldn't get rid of them. They even came up in the lawn! They make interesting Christmas decorations though!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

hmmmmm wonders if i may have over done it with about 12 seeds that all germinated

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X