Grapeseed oil

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapeseed oil

Can anyone out there help please? We had a moment of madness recently and bought a bottle of grapeseed oil. Please don't ask why. What I'd like to know is; just what you do with it because it's not very good for frying.
    Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

I'll be interested in any replies you get to your question...sorry I can't help you out, but I've got a similar question about toasted sesame seed oil.?

I love sesame seeds (wonder if I could grow them?) but I tried cooking the mince for a chillie in it the other night and it was b****y awful!!!!

I only bought it because I was too tight to buy extra virgin (steady nic!) olive oil.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger - you'd be better off only using extra virgen for salad dressings because the 'extra virgen' bit gets burnt off when cooking. I always used to use extra virgen until I saw an Italian chef explaining that it was a waste. Now I use normal olive oil for cooking and the good stuff for dressings.

Comment

Snadger sesame oil is wonderful for Chinese cooking - lovely for a pan of stir fried veg or some fried rice - yum yum!
        Don't know about the grapeseed oil though
        If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
        Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by martini View Post
          Snadger - you'd be better off only using extra virgen for salad dressings because the 'extra virgen' bit gets burnt off when cooking. I always used to use extra virgen until I saw an Italian chef explaining that it was a waste. Now I use normal olive oil for cooking and the good stuff for dressings.
          Thanks martini...makes sense that!. Cheers
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Bibliobeck View Post
            Snadger sesame oil is wonderful for Chinese cooking - lovely for a pan of stir fried veg or some fried rice - yum yum!
            Don't know about the grapeseed oil though
            I must admit I didn't realise how strongly tasted it would be...maybe use it with a pan of seasonal lottie veg! Cheers for that

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i use grape seed oil for mixing aromatherapy massage oils, not the proper stuff you understand just home made stuff out of flowers and herbs in the garden, also for light salad dressing.
              Yo an' Bob
              Walk lightly on the earth
              take only what you need
              give all you can
              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
                Can anyone out there help please? We had a moment of madness recently and bought a bottle of grapeseed oil. Please don't ask why. What I'd like to know is; just what you do with it because it's not very good for frying.
                Found this site which may help

http://www.answers.com/topic/grapeseed-oil

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks for the help yoandbob and Snadger. Bookmarked the web address for later reading; probably after tomorrow's allotment de-weed session..
                  Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X