Help(pumpkins)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help(pumpkins)

I have just been given some pumpkin seeds i dont know want to do with them ie when to sow them.get them ready for sow in`HELP`

I've moved your post to Vegging Out.

If you pop your location into your profile, then people close to you can give you relevant advice, but pumpkins are quite tender and you won't have to do anything for a good while yet.
    Last edited by zazen999; 22-12-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

try here Pumpkin Nook : How to Grow Pumpkins, Planting Pumpkins, Pumpkin Seeds, Harvesting Pumpkins and welcome to the Vine
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

pumpkins need a good long season if you want them for halloween time.

plant one seed in a 3 inch pot side ways on to stop seed rotting in moist compost in late april plant out after frost mid mayish
        and them water regularly for any type of pumplin and feed every two weeks.
        this will be a battle from the heart
        cymru am byth

Comment

My pumpkins didn't like gale force winds, but there still hanging in there

I originally planted 7 and only have three left, so you could either say that was bad management or the weather. But one is just about to flower so it seems to me that they can handle most things. I have been told that they will take over the garden, mine haven't yet though.

Good luck with yours

Comment

Hello Legin63 and welcome to the vine. It helps us answer if you can put a location in your profile. Pumkins are normally sown on edge in pots (3 or 4") during April.

Dig a hole now on the proposed site and gradually fill it up with newspaper, peelings, lumpy compost etc. to create a 'sump' ....then replace the topsoil in spring. They are greedy feeders and swelling pumkins takes a lot of water. There are a few more tips but we will probably discuss it nearer the time eh!

Comment

Just remember most pumpkins require a lot of room and can take over and swamp anthing growing near by.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X