Nuts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts

Can anyone help. I have been asked by a friend how to grow peanuts. I can google and look around the net but does anyone have any personal experience of growing them?
    I wasnt sure which section to put them in, so if its in the wrong place mods please move it.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

what is it with peanuts today?
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...utz_24905.html
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

i tried - they died.

Comment

A few years ago a grew a peanut plant. The seed came from a kit with a samll pot, compost disk. The packaging is aimed at kids, bright and clourful and you can find them in most garden centres along side other kits for bananas, venus fly traps etc.

The plant grew really well and reached 2' high. It was grown in a greenhouse. We didn't get any nuts before it succumbed to cold weather in the winter.
        http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

...and nuts to you too mate!

I've never tried, but you may manage it ...he's a bit of info, although I don't think you'd get much of a crop per plant...always worth a try ( go on..prove me wrong!)

Growing Peanuts in the Home Garden | Horticulture and Home Pest News
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

rules my heavy clay soil out

Comment

Hi
              I've grown them - in pots due to heavy clay soil, kept them in the greenhouse and got around 3 nuts per plant...
              Even though you get a tiny crop it is interesting to watch them grow and see the fruiting stem bury itself in the soil.
              Don't have the acres or the weather to get a proper crop.

I'm waiting for my cobnut trees to mature for a proper nut crop, second year and got 11 nuts so fingers crossed for next year.
              best wishes
              Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X