beetroot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beetroot

My chooks have just tucked into a pile of cooked beetroot leaves and tops.

Are they going to do red ploppies tomorrow?????..should I mention it to the gal who'll be looking after them whilst we are back in the UK for the weekend in case she has a sudden panic????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

lol - I don't know about beetroot, but the first time gave my girls tomatoes I was ill the next morning thinking they had blood in their poo. Instead (after careful investigation) I found it to be tomato skin, and seeds!!! lol

I would mention it to her, just in case!! Purple poo could be quite frightening if you aren't expecting it!!

Enjoy the UK - although I wouldn't get too excited about the weather...it's freezing and raining here!!
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post

Enjoy the UK - although I wouldn't get too excited about the weather...it's freezing and raining here!!

Thanks!!...we're coming back esp for 'bonfire night' celebrations...so ...cold, wet and windy sounds about right!!!!

Comment

i know too many carrots gives ponies orange poo, and people get an orange tinge to their skin ..... so yeah, probably best to mention it lol

have a great time then, and don't worry, the chooks will be fine

Comment

Apparently acorns turn their yolks green()so would be interesting to know if beetroot affects them!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

oooooo i like the idea of purple yolked eggs ......... did you know if you plant a bulb in a beetroot in the ground, daffodils come up with red streaks?
            Last edited by lynda66; 05-11-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              oooooo i like the idea of purple yolked eggs ......... did you know if you plant a bulb in a beetroot in the ground, daffodils come up with red streaks?
              Hey...would look good for next hallow'een wouldn't it????

....and nope...

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                I so knew there was a reason why I planted 4 rows of beetroot!!!...see!!Andi wasn't right!!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

*waits for all the pretty pictures of yellow and red daffodils* ....... actually it might be good with snow drops too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X