Hallowe'en Pumpkins!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallowe'en Pumpkins!

Who's growing their own Hallowe'en pumpkin? We don't have room in our present garden, but it's definately something I want to do when we move!

I know not everyone "does" Hallowe'en but I do like to have a carved pumpkin in the window - maybe we should post photo's of them ('specially if you've grown it yourself) and have a Scary Pumpkin photo thread!

...and there's always the lovely soup or something with the rest of it...
    I don't roll on Shabbos

i don't think ours are going to be ready they are only about 3 inches across yet, i'm frantically playing them loud music, and feeding them though

Comment

I'm growing some but like lynda they're not going to be ready one's getting fairly big but is still green and my foliage is dying back could be frost or powdery mildew ?? Pics are on my blog (link below) if you want a peep?? i gave a feed last Sat a fingers crossed kind of boost hehehe

Comment

they look ok to me, just keep fingers crossed i guess ..... i got hundredweight pumpkins, and they start off yellow ....... anyway a green pumpkin will be great,

Comment

Oh goodness, my pumpkins have grown huge and are being eaten....pumpkin with every thing! soup, baked, chutney, even wine! we are slowly going orange! Total overkill!
          We will save one for hallowe'en though.
          Ps...making more soup this evening

Comment

Our "halloween"pumpkin got huge,but unfortunately has a bit of a problem with a seriously flat back of the head!!We only grew the one as well,as we've discovered from previous years that the bigger ones aren't so tasty.Never mind~maybe we can turn it into Frankenstein!(cos my art skills really are that good???
            Last edited by di; 13-10-2008, 11:18 AM.
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

*SL wishes she lived near HF*

Comment

We've just had pumpkin soup for dinner (see recipe in Season to Taste). Ruddy gorgeous it is too.

I never get round to carving a pumpkin ... its a lot of effort.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'll carve some pumpkins (sorry not home grown) and post the pics. I'm worst than the kids!

Comment

well if other people are going to do non-home grown, then i am in, cos we do them every year, apart from being pagans and proud, my youngests birthday is on the 31st, so samhain is a big celebration for us, pumpkins included.
                    Last edited by BrideXIII; 13-10-2008, 06:40 PM.
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!
                    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

We managed to grow 2 this year, they're quite small but I'm still v. proud of them!
                      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

At last count we've over 60 various sized pumpkins and squashes, ranging from ickle ones at 4" diameter up to the largest at about 18" diameter, so think we may be ok for Samhain /Halloween this year! lol!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I've got two big ones!!!!!!!!!!!
                          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

picked mine yesterday as the cold got to the leaves, I put it into a wheelbarrow with a tennis ball for perspective.
                            Attached Files
                            Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                            Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                              I've got two big ones!!!!!!!!!!!
                              It really is Carry On GYO day today isn't it?!?!
                              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X