Wanted 3 seed potatoes for christmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 3 seed potatoes for christmas

Hi I have just found out that you can plant seed potatoes in a pot now for Christmas. Has anyone got some left over I could try?
    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Hi, sorry no, I don't have any, but wanted to tell you about my neighbour who each year plants out "shop bought" potatoes which have started to sprout. He has just dug up an impressive harvest. I also planted some new potatoes in a tub around a month ago (not expecting them to do much) and have been staggered at the rate of growth - I even peeped at the roots and sure enough there are very small spuds forming - give it a go!

Comment

Many thanks for that. Can I just go and buy some from the supermarket and put them in a pot now? I am still learning about all of this.
      Stella
      Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Hi Stella

I'm new to this as well. I'd suggest if you don't get any offers for seed potatoes that you might as well try some supermarket bought ones - the ones I planted had been in a dark cupboard for a couple of weeks, were already sprouting and didn't look very appetising. Let us know how you get on.

Happy growing!

Comment

I planted some shop bought ones in pots a few week back. They hadnt sprouted or anything and now I have plants and green stuff!! You can tell I'm new at this cant you?
          Guess I should rummage and pull out the ones that havent sprouted? Dont want em going manky. I was soooo excited when they started to show leaves, Kids caught me dancing in the greenhouse
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X