Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkins

Hi there,
    I have harvested my small space hopper sized pumpkins....
    help, I need a recipe .....heaps of them please!
    Last edited by Headfry; 29-09-2008, 01:49 PM.

I cant remember the recipe but I made pumpkin soup a few years back when it was halloween I used the bits I scrapped out.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

slice and roast with whole garlic cloves and red peppers drizzled with olive oil, then de-skin pumpkin and peppers( slide pulp off using back of knife) squeeze garlic pulp from cloves, add to stock simmer till nice and soft,season to taste, liquidise.

presto! roast pumkin and garlic soup.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Great recipe BrideXIII, my friend is bringing me a pumpkin back from her Dads garden at the weekend, and I was wondering what I was going to do with it.
        Mark

http://www.mhdigital.co.uk This is my photographic website

Comment

'What to eat now' BBC2 now (20:30) has a pumpkin soup recipe apparently...
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Our very favourite way with pumpkins is H. F_W's soup in a pumpkin.
            I smallish pumpkin per person, cut off top, remove seeds, 3/4 fill cavity with cream, parmesan (or strong cheddar) a bit of salt and pepper and a little garlic puree, put back in the oven with the lids back on and cook 'til pumpkin flesh is soft. Delicious!

Comment

Daft question, but how do you serve it up?
              How does the flesh get mixed up with the cream etc.?
              Sounds wonderful.
              I made pumpkin soup for supper on sunday, some for last nights supper....still have heaps of soup left and have only used 1/4 of a pumpkin....6 more huge ones to go - help!

Comment

pumpkin risotto

fry an onion in some butter, add diced pumpkin
                stir in risotto rice till all coated with butter
                add half a glass of white wine
                stir in hot stock a little at a time till it's absorbed and the rice is tender
                mix in cheese of your choice - blue cheese works well, as does parmesan and a generous handful of chopped sage.

Comment

Another risotto:

Bake the pumkin peices in the oven after covering with oil, mixed spice and chilli. After 30 mins the pumkin is soft so mash and add to your 3/4qtrs cooked basic risotto base (rice, onion, celery, wine stock) plus mascapone cheese and loads of parmesan cheese etc.
                  Works the same with any squash.
                  http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Soup in a pumpkin

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                    Daft question, but how do you serve it up?
                    How does the flesh get mixed up with the cream etc.?
                    Sounds wonderful.
                    I made pumpkin soup for supper on sunday, some for last nights supper....still have heaps of soup left and have only used 1/4 of a pumpkin....6 more huge ones to go - help!
                    Put the whole pumpkin very carefully onto a soup plate or pasta dish and eat it from the pumpkin shell, my mouth is watering just typing this!!

Comment

ah I see, doh.....tiny one person pumpkins, have just re read thread!
                      mine would take about 8 ltrs of cream to fill!

Comment

Sorry Headfry - what recipe did you use for your soup on Sunday? I have seen quite a few, but its always bestest to get a tried and tested!
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

There are 42 Pumpkin recipes on this link
                          Pumpkin recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Still see HF holding onto two forks sticking out of pumpkin bouncing around garden
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

The majority of mine will be turned into curry & popped into the freezer.Tricky to post a recipe as I tend to make it up as I go!Also good roasted as wedges,drizzling 1st with olive oil/garlic & chilli flakes.
                            Don't know if you eat meat but if you do try cutting some pumpkin into cubes & cooking in with mince,goes really creamy.
                            I've just come across a pumpkin & apple soup recipe~can't vouch for it yet but plan on making it in the next day or so...if it's good I'll post the recipe.
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Hi Moggsue, will try and post it tomorrow,
                              something like
                              pumpkin
                              Onions
                              milk
                              veg stock
                              salt and pepper
                              think thats about it! though I add ground nutmeg.

will check when back home tonight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X