Pumpkin Skin...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin Skin...

call me thick, but is it edible ? Can I grate it into the soup etc ? I am thinking of the smallish, very reddish-orange ones, with quite a thin rind.
    Also, kohl rabi - do you need to peel it ?
    And how do you store/cook broad beans ?
    I suppose I should have got a good book on how to store and use produce instead of buying all those magazines on how to grow it !
    There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Totally edible. Especially if as you said it's got a thin rind.
    I tend to roast them first before making soup as it really enhances the flavour.
    Or I just cut them into wedges, roast them and eat them!
    ---
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Ta. Don't they have a drooling emoticon on this forum.....?
      I'll remember that tip about the soup, fwuffy !
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

You'll find some pumpkin skin edible & some far too tough!!Best way to find out which is which is to try!!
        As for kohl rabi~If I steam it I cut it into quarters unpeeled & find it's perfect mouthsize to bite out the flesh & leave the skin.
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Freeze broad beans I usually blance them first, put them in to boiling water bring back to boil take them out straight into cold water changing it all the time, open freeze put into bags, or put into portion size bags.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

I don't bother peeling Rabi even raw
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X