Asparagus & Jerusalem Artichokes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus & Jerusalem Artichokes

Just a quick question, I purchased asparagus crowns and Jerusalem artichokes whilst visiting Wyevale garden centre at Bicester at the end of February. Things haven’t gone to plan and they are sitting in the bottom of my fridge, any idea if these would still be viable to plant?

No harm in sticking them in and seeing what happens, is there?

I won't give you good odds though
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

im getting mine through the post in november as that when i though you planted them??
      any advice greatly appreciated

Comment

Planting in autumn is fine.
        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

In February...hm, you gotta be a bit lucky with them, you know.

I think I'd buy a new lot for good plants.

Comment

Asparagus crowns ........take a bit of digging and ground preparation- not a job I'd really want to do twice.
            Problem is- you'd have to wait a year to see if they grow and then do the whole thing again. A waste of a year in my mind- esp as you'll have to wait a couple of years anyway before you can cut any.
            I'd chuck them-or at least stick them somewhere where you can forget about them- and start with new ones anyway in the designated place.
            If the roots are dry- just bin them .

JA's.....I'd have thought they'd have gone brown by now. Again- stick them somewhere which can forgotten about ( remember they grow 9ft high)

Overall- I'd say start again with fresh stuff. ( I hate waste too so I understand your dilemma!)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X