Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin leaves turning brown

Hi,

I have noticed that over the last week the leaves on my pumpkins are turning brown and crisp. Could this be due to the vast amount of rain we have been having?
    Do you think that the whole plant will die before Halloween? I have a couple of pumpkins growing and would hate to loose them now.

It usually signifies that the plant has run out of food. Pumpkins are very greedy and need a good soil and additional food.

Give them a boost with something like chicken manure mixed into compost, and keep your fingers crossed. I have successfully revived aubergines, courgettes and cucumbers by doing this.

The rain may have simply washed the nutrients out of the soil - we have very light sandy soil so it happens very easily in my area.

Comment

Thanks Cutecumber,

I will give it a go, they probably do need some extra nutrients. Its my first time and I can't believe how big the plants get!

Comment

Since I put a large comfrey leaf at the base of each of my pumpkin plants, they're going great guns! A know-it-all friend told me to do this and I only did it to humour him. I'll be doing it again though
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X