X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSG Free Peanuts ?

Until yesterday, I had no idea that KP dry roasted peanuts contained MSG

Anyone know of a brand that is MSG free

Excuse me for having a midlife DRPN crisis, but I was thinking the other day about the first time I tried dry roasted nuts.... Can't remember the brand but they were so good (may be I'm being sentimental but..) they had like a proper coating of dry roasty stuff (not just a scabby powder coat)

?

planters were the best, dunno if they still make them or whether they had msg in ...... they smelt awful when you opened the packet too.

Comment

I am allergic to MSG and I have found a company called Kallo who do a broad range of goods without it, but also having asthma sensitive to Peanuts i have never thought to look for them. You are aware that the E number for MSG is E621 and a lot of companies just write 'flavourings' instead. I can't even have gravy as it is in bisto and oxo thank god for kallo!!

Comment

I would guess that the MSG is part of the 'coating' on peanuts. I wouldn't have thought of looking for it there.
        re-MSG in Bisto, I presume you mean the 'gravy granules', because old fashioned Bisto, I wouldn't have expected it to be there. That was just cornflour with caramel colouring added. I don't use any of that stuff to make gravy anyway (although I might include a Kallo cube if there wasn't much available flavour from the ingredients of the meal). Good gravy only needs the 'meat juices', flour (or cornflour) and some water. If available the water from boiling/steaming green veg is best. Bovril (the proper beef stuff) doesn't have MSG, nor does Marmite (for vegetarians).
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I can't eat them, they smell like farts
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X