Walnuts...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walnuts...

I have a walnut tree growing in the garden & unlike last year it appears to have fruited well.... for some reason I am under the assumption that there are two types of walnut tree - on which produces edible fruits, the other inedible... is this right, or am I imagining things?!

If they are edible what do I do with them to store them??
    Last edited by Sunbeam; 07-08-2006, 06:34 PM.
    How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

I've only heard of one type of walnut Sunbeam and that is the edible one. When my walnut trees were fruiting I used to take off the outer shells and store them in racks somewhere dry for a few months and they were yummy
    www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Many thanks, Poultrychat, I will have to devise some ingenious way of picking them - the tree is as tall as our house - any suggestions?? I think some scaffolding maybe in order!!
      How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

I never picked mine I simply collected them when they fell off
        www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Don't suppose you know if a tree by a very busy road is better left alone? Would all the horrible fumes and toxins get into the fruit?

Comment

I honestly don't know caroline - but I would have thought that with a shell like that you should be ok
            www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X