runner beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runner beans

hi guys i ave been picking my runner beans for about 4 or 5 weeks now but the plants are starting to look a bit sorry for themselves lovely pods though
    do they just need a feed and silly question but could i use miracle grow
    cheers tracy

I feed with Tomato feed on occasion when they are flowering/producing beans...

Comment

Was going to say your beans are really early, then looked at your location and realised why. You can try giving a feed, but all plants have a lifespan, and with beans once you've run out of flowers, then I'm afraid you won't get any more beans.

Comment

how long is the cropping period roughly and do you think i could grow beans again in the same location again ? i know about crop rotation but with our climate i think i could get another row in what do you think cheers

Comment

I have just sowed bean seeds at the bases of all the bean plants I have growing. I am hoping they will be okay and will start flowering as the present ones finish cropping. I think many people grow beans in the same place year on year as they have built permanent supports for them - the just dig out the soil and replace every year or so.
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

cheers great advice but should i replace the soil with manure or would this be too rich i am growing in raised beds does that make a difference x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X