Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes

My tomato plant is full of fruit yet none of them are turning red, should i be taking some of the leaves away so that the sun gets to them?

It can take a while before the green fruits finally change color, then it will all happen at once. Try to be patient.
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. -John Ruskin

http://wormsflowers.blogspot.com/

Comment

We've been in the same boat for a while, but spotted that the first of the beef toms have now begun to turn, so shouldnt be too much longer now! Our cherry toms have been much earlier though, started eating them the other day!
      Attached Files
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

None of mine are going red yet, but they have started to go the much paler green of the in between stage. They need the leaves for getting sun's energy to keep the plant going a while yet, so I wouldn't be rushing to take them off. The toms will go red in their own time (I am betting mine will be while we're on hols so I am debating putting the hanging basket in the car again this year).

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies i have check them again today and still no change lol.

Comment

some of ours are just starting to turn red...its sunshine they are needing

Comment

aaaahave been eating ours for the past two weeks but must admit i started them early.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Still early days. Some of my outdoor toms still haven't set fruit!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X