whats happened to my redcurrants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats happened to my redcurrants

I planted a redcurrant bush earlier this year which was doing well when I went to allotment other day the stems had been stripped of the bark any idea what is doing this and will the bush survive

that'll be the pigeons ....... they should surive i know its a bit late for this year but a fellow plotholder told me to wrap round some old nets over all my currant bushes which i did and i've harvested 4kgs so far & there's at least twice as much still to crop ...
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

I don't think Pigeons eat bark.
      I'd plump for Sawfly: Royal Horticultural Society - Gardening Advice: Gooseberry Sawfly
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

if it is around the base of the stems could be Wabbits
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

Thanks it is all round the bottom of bush and there are rabbits around do you think it will survive with out the bark as it is a young bush

Comment

Prob not. Shoot the Wabbit.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Wabbit pie! YUM!!!!

Comment

About these Wabbits - build little chicken wire - strong mess 'tubes' around the bases of anything else (ie, trees or fruit busses) you plant on the allotment, if they did it once they will probably do it agian.

I have to put my 'tubes' about 3 or four feet high and pretty wide as we get Hares here and Deer.

Still like the sound of the pie........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X