Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf growing raspberries?

Is there such an animal?

The reason I ask is that I have a solitary rspberry which is no higher than 2 foot and is laden with fruit!

My other raspberry canes are up to 7 foot high and are not heavy fruiting at all.

I must admit, I much prefer the dwarf rasp!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I think there is a dwarf raspberry in the States that grows ro about three feet, but I don't think it would stand our climate. Do you think your little cane could have some disease ?
    Last edited by Tam; 09-07-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

maybe you should save the seeds from the little one, and plant them and you may be lucky and get lots of little ones, or maybe it's just got a cold and needs a nice warm scarf and some hot choccie, to grow properly

Comment

Originally posted by Tam View Post
        I think there is a dwarf raspberry in the States that grows ro about three feet, but I don't think it would stand our climate. Do you think your little cane could have some disease ?
        If it HAS a disease I wish that they all would get it!
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          maybe you should save the seeds from the little one, and plant them and you may be lucky and get lots of little ones, or maybe it's just got a cold and needs a nice warm scarf and some hot choccie, to grow properly
          I have grown raspberries from seed I bought on eBay, successfully I sowed the seed in the autumn and nothing happened......I asumed the seed was duff! The following spring after a suitable stratifying period the seeds all burst into life!
          It can be done, but it's a long time until you get any rasps........about 2 to 3 years!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            It can be done, but it's a long time until you get any rasps........about 2 to 3 years!

*rules out buying any raspberries to see if the seeds will grow*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X