Lemons ready at this time of year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemons ready at this time of year?

Went to Hampton court palace yesterday and there were lemon trees with plenty of fruit on that looked almost ready to pick.

Are they cheating in some way or could I expect to get a good haul of lemons about now if I were growing some too?
    Last edited by dan1979; 01-07-2008, 05:07 PM.

Havn't even had a flower on mine. Still not expected as they are only 6/8 inches high.

Ian

Comment

I had one flower on mine 2 weeks ago. New plant, bought from wilkos for about 4 quid in spring. I have it on a sheltered patio. However while we were away last week we had horrendous winds and the plant blew about the garden. No sign of the flower now - or any fruit

janeyo

Comment

I have tiny wee lemons on my tree (about 1/2" size), a long way off picking but coming on. I believe that they can fruit at any time of year if the conditions are right ie they are kept warm enough over winter and have sufficient light to encourage them to flower. You also need to ensure that you feed them, never seem to get any flowers if you don't!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X