sweet corn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet corn

has any body got any ideas what could be eating my sweet corn,the stems have been bit through any sugestions would be welcome

Badgers love em apparently!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

True, but badgers wait until they are ready.

Depends how big they are, but molluscs then rabbits are the first two suspects.

Comment

hi strawberryman,some of mine have been nibbled at also, thinking it was badgers,i put some of that strong scaffold netting around the block,and i traped the bottom under the soil,but a few days later the same thing,and the net was not disturbed,we have no rabbits,and deffinatly no signof the molusc brigade,but have seen a squirrel about,my plot neighbour thought it was mice,as some stems were not quite bitten all the way through,dare the flying rats enter a controled area.lol,have not seen them for a couple of days so hope some still standing when i get there late on.
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 29-06-2008, 08:00 AM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X