Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Rhubarb please :)

Hello!

My rhubarbs started to look a bit strange. It was growing perfectly well but now some of the leaves are starting to wilt (a couple at a time) & they have pale pinky red patches on them. All of the 'wilted' leaves have this on them, but what is it?

I did have it growing in a reasonable size pot in multipurpose compost & now it's in a bit of a rockery with more multipurpose compost.

Regards

Clare
    Hand-made Ratty Gifts for Rats & Humans www.ratanon.com

Feed it with lots of manure, give it lots to drink and shade it from the hot sun, then it should look after itself.
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I have grown rhubarb for years and it is usually very easy. It likes plenty of moisture, nice rich humus rich soil and usually it will romp away. I give mine a good thick mulch of compost every spring and it comes up with the goods.
      It sounds as if it might be too dry. Dont plant it too deeply either.

Comment

because of the size of the leaves of rhubarb it requires a lot of water as it transpires a lot. Not really suited to pot growing I'm afraid!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give it an extra watering then. I'm glad it's nothing nasty

It's planted level with the top of the soil so I don't think it'd be too deep, unless it should be higher than the soil level?

Regards

Clare
          Hand-made Ratty Gifts for Rats & Humans www.ratanon.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X