New Potatoes - 1st earlies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Potatoes - 1st earlies

I have grown a crop of 1st earlies in black buckets. The haulms are about 18-24" high, I have earthed them up by filling the bucket with compost just short of the rim, they have flowered and the flowers have died back and I am not sure wether to harvest them yet. Can anyone tell me what the timescale from the flowers dieing to harvesting is?
    ceflet

Should be ready to harvest now.I have been harvesting new potatoes grown in my garden for the past week.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Ceflet, the time scale for 1st earlies is 10 weeks from sowing to harvesting - but this is in ideal conditions, Your potatoes sound as if they are ready - have flowered, shaws (haulms) dying back. I would have them out and see what is going on. Enjoy. Hope you get a great crop.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Ill let you know tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X