Yellow Courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Courgettes

I have three or four different types of Courgettes planted and all doing well. One variety according to the packet has a yellow fruit but so far the fruits are coming through green. Is it a case of they 'ripen' to yellow and if so how big would you expect them to be when they do. One or two of the fruits have already reached the size I would normally pick at so I have.

Am I being too impatient? Or are they possibly getting cross pollinated from the other varieties?

my yellow courgettes have always started of as yellow,not sure about cross pollination~just hope not as i've planted my yellow near my green.
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Mine are also yellow, and grew as yellow from the start, did plant some mixed seeds but have all come up green ! Loads of fruit though !!

Comment

Hi
        Cross pollenation won't make any difference, they should be yellow before the flower open, you should have little yellow babies right at the base that slowly grow [they can never grow fast enough for me at this time of year].

Comment

Grew some last year and they were yellow from the start.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

mine are at the yellow baby stage

Comment

Whenever I've grown yellow courgettes they've always been yellow from the time they appear & it shouldn't matter if you've got green ones planted nearby. It sounds as though they've been put in the wrong packet if they're definitely shown as yellow on there. What variety are they supposed to be?
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sounds like you've actually got the wrong seed in your packet. They should be yellow. Cross pollination is only an issue if you are saving seeds - the next generation will be the cross.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hmmm went and had another look at them tonight just to see if maybe I mixed the labels up when I planted them out but I have to say they all look as if they're producing green fruits.

I have Black Forest - they're fruiting green and I know exactly where I planted them.

Then I have All Green Bush and an F1 Orelia - this is the one that's supposed to be yelow. I may have to write to Suttons and complain.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow afternoon for 10 days so I'm hoping everything is going to survive okay.

I can't ask the neighbours to water for me - one side they are over 80 and have enough probs looking after their own garden and the other side has just had a hernia op.

So fingers crossed for my tomatoes unfortunately.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X