Keeled over strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeled over strawberries

I had 20 strawberry plants delivered from Dobies on 27th May and planted them out the same day - they're in a strawberry planter.

They were all tiny crowns when they arrived, rather than plants, but seemed to be getting going OK, producing a few green leaves. Then we were on holiday last week and when my friend came to water everything on Wednesday, she said that all but 2 of the strawberries had 'disappeared'. We couldn't figure out what she meant until we got home, but most of the plants have just withered up and died. 2 of the plants are small but OK and starting to flower.

What's happened?! Is it something we've done (too much water, too little water?) or should I be complaining to Dobies about it?

What type of strawberry planter do you have? they can be very difficult to water.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Have a look at the roots to ensure there are no vine weevil grubs. They are the bane of the strawberry grower

valmarg

Comment

It's this one - stack tub
        It's supposed to be easier to keep moist because it has in-built reservoirs in each level.

Right, will pull one out and see if there's anything on the roots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X