Parsnips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsnips

I have some very small parsnip plants, would it be any use planting them on my plot now, or is it to late. I have managed to grow about seventeen small plants.
    Grateful for any advice .
    Flowerpower

Some say yes, some say no...I've just managed to get about another 30 to sprout so they are going in in the next week or two...what have you got t lose? sorry about typing i am eating ice cream - later than expected but worth waiting for.

Comment

Bung them in. I sowed 3 rows in April and they've only just decided to stick their heads above the soil in the last week.
      http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Thanks everyone
        I only managed to germinate seventeen out of a whole packet.
        Lol Flowerpower.

Comment

I certainly hope yours will have time to grow flower, I'm just about to do another sowing of mine to make up for the poor germination of my last lot, and I'll bet my growing season is shorter than yours !
          Mark you, in past years I have found that they keep growing over winter, albeit slowly.
          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X