Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone planted out their tomatoes yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone planted out their tomatoes yet?

Or are you planning to?

We have blight on the plot, so won't be doing that this year, but have brought a few plants home to the garden in pots. They are about a foot high, no flowers yet, and I've been taking them in at night for the last few days. Is this enough? Can I leave them out now?

thanks.

Yes, you won't get frosts now.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Can't plant out toms due to blight. Even tried outside using enviromesh but didn't stop the blight getting through.

Ian

Comment

Mine have been out for a few weeks and they're flowering well. I do have a very sheltered garden and they're against a south facing wall. None of us will have any frosts now so you should be fine in London, Queen of the Cobs.
        Sorry to hear about the blight problems.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Mine are going out this week - have not had time or a plot prepared to put them in before but they are all flowering and happy. Have hardened them off and Storm is constructing a protective device to shelter them from the wind a bit.
          We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
          Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Planted mine out about 2 weeks ago. All are flowering and some have formed the first thruss of fruit. For the ones in my greenhouse s, some are forming a second thruss with my first plant-Shirley just beginning to turn red. Looking good this season so far as i lost all my toms to blight last year. Good luck to all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

collecting egg shells, fish heads, and hardening off basil, sweet marjoram, and thyme to interplant with the tomatoes as we speak!

Comment

Put some out last weekend and the rest yesterday.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

mine have been out in pots for 4 weeks now, and seem quite happy but i have them sheltered a little with herbs either side so i wasn't worried still no flowers yet though and they are around 2 and half foot high

Comment

Mine are out a few weeks now - mostly on the plot with no protection but a few in hanging basket and flowerbeds in back garden.

Comment

Mine are in their growbags at home away from the blighty allotments. They are about a foot tall and looking healthy, no flowers yet though. Moneymaker this year for a change.
                      "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X