Dwarf runner beans (again)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf runner beans (again)

Hi everyone, I started a thread a while ago because the flowers were falling off my dwarf runners, with no beans being produced. I then got a few beans, so thought my problems were over. But I am now back to square one. I have lots of flowers on my plants (those that have survived snail attacks), but no beans are setting. I am feeding, watering, misting, etc, and don't know what is going wrong. Is anyone else growing dwarf runners and having this problem?

I'm having the same problem with some of my ordinary runners. I think its just the heat. I can tell by looking when it was cooler as that's when the beans set. I have one lot just ready now and then nothing followed by loads of very small ones when it was damp and cool and then over the last few days, nothing again.

Comment

I find dwarf french beans more trouble than they are worth!!

I don't bother with them as they tend to fall to the ground, and the slugs/snails get more of the crop than we do!!

We grow the round french climbing beans.

valmarg

Comment

I've had a great crop of my 'the prince' dwarf french beans. I grow them in pots and stick some twiggy sticks in for support. I've been picking a handful a day from about eight plants in a fairly small trough.

Comment

I did the same early on in the greenhouse BK. I was waiting for the weather to cool down & then I was going to sow some more.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

my dwarf french beans are fab! I got 5 plants, and we're picking every day at the mo. one has kind of fallen over though, so produces curly beans - will do the twig support thing next year. v. good flavour - its a variety called Filao.

Comment

I thought it was probably a little late to plant more beans NTG, however if you're thinking of doing it, I'll also give it a go so I've put a couple more seeds in another pot and I'll hope for the best. Whether I need any more beans is another question...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X