Problem with my lemons

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my lemons

Does any body know why my lemon tree has no fruit, it is three years old and I grow it from a pip, it is planted in a very large bucket in plenty of sunshine and I live on the Costa Del Sol, the tree is about six foot tall and very healthy

I gather that citrus is promiscuous and cross-pollinates with other citruses, so you may not even have a lemon tree there. And I think they can take 8 years before they bear fruit. Bob Flowerdew grows citrus, try and get a look at one of his books, or have a bit of a Google. Here's one to get you started: Can I grow a lemon plant from lemon seeds? - Tropicals Forum - GardenWeb
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

A lemon grown from a pip will take some years to bear fruit. I have one that I planted 15+ years ago and although a nice size, no flowers and no fruit. Same with a grapefruit.

I would say don't expect fruit, if any turn up then you are lucky. I spoke to someone at the citrus centre once when visiting them and they reckoned 20 years for a pip grown lemon to bear if then . Could be a long wait.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X