Beefsteak Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beefsteak Tomatoes

My cherry tomatoes are doing well in the greenhouse but I'm growing beefsteak tomatoes for the first time and the lower leaves have gone quite a dark, dappled brown colour, although the upper ones are fine. Can any one tell me what's happened? I have blinds so there's plenty of shade, hope you can help!
    Last edited by Sally D; 30-05-2008, 06:03 PM.

Hi Sally D, I think no-one's answered cos you've posted on the 'photo's section'. Anyway I'll give it a go with an answer. The bottom leaves of tomato plants often die off because the plants concentrates its energy/food on the fruit and higher leaves. Thats my take on it anyway.

Any Mods wanna move this post to where it'll be seen?
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 30-05-2008, 07:29 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Hi Sally D, I think no-one's answered cos you've posted on the 'photo's section'. Anyway I'll give it a go with an answer. The bottom leaves of tomato plants often die off because the plants concentrates its energy/food on the fruit and higher leaves. Thats my take on it anyway.

Any Mods wanna move this post to where it'll be seen?
      Thanks Manda, will try the right section in future!
      Sally D

Comment

I'd take the beefsteaks lower leaves off, so they're not wasting energy on them. I'm presuming they're reasonable size (1-2ft ish) plants and they're showing no other signs of 'ill health'?
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X