eating new potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating new potatoes

i ve just harvested and eaten my first home grown new potatoes. they were fantastic along with home grown mangetout, radish and lolla rossa im feeling very chuffed with myself
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Many congratulations. I am just trying to summon up a bit of energy to go earth up some spuds and plant some others.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Well done Howthorns, nothing taste better that your own produce , congratulations !
      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

excellent news! well done, i cant wait, i may cut some lettuce at the weekend and more radish as well.............nothing better!

SS

Comment

that was quick with your spuds when did you plant em .....mines only just coming up

Comment

i think i need to get some in containers earlier next year.........

Comment

Originally posted by baggyman View Post
              that was quick with your spuds when did you plant em .....mines only just coming up

i planted 4 1st early (rocket) tubers on the 7th of march into potato grow sacks. i have pentland javelin growing nicely they should be ready in 2/3 weeks time.
              my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

my pots are just starting to flower yipee, had a root around ant the haulms are just starting to swell.also my lettuce in the raised beds are like monsters and the radish too
                bring it on x
                joanne geldard

Comment

I had a furtle today, my Arran Pilot are about golf ball size (planted out 31 March).
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

spuds

Had several meals from first early spuds after convincing myself that what turned out to be frost damage was some thing more nasty. Oh well if we had nothing to learn life would be less interesting. I,ve planted out too many shallots because I thought some I planted last year were not going to grow, however they are proving very tasty in stir fries. Cloud, Silver lining?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X