Come on then! How are those parsnips?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on then! How are those parsnips?

So, we all chitted and loo-rolled our parsnips as instructed by the wise-ones...

Now they're planted or being planted - how are they looking?

I have a grand total of SIX - which was my intention, don't worry - and they are looking green and healthy in a very deep pot in the garden. As far as I know, and I know nada about parsnips, it's going according to plan.

Spill the beans (or roots) - how are yours?

Mine are still in their packet!!!

I'll be sowing them directly into the soil either this, or next weekend! ( and tucked up under a nice cosy fleece)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I planted mine out in Feb (unaware of their awkwardness and stubborness) and am about to sow carrots over them!!!!!
      Tx
      Tx

Comment

Mine seem to be going great guns - a darned sight better than last year. Have quite healthy looking leaves on them now, so fingers crossed.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I chitted nicely on a piece of kitchen paper in the fridge and forgot them - they were hidden behind the beer (!) so when I 'noticed' them they looked way tooooooo big to try and plant (am I right here Pigletwillie, can they be too big?)

I will try again by dropping 'em straight into ground
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Sowed mine direct on monday. I love parsnips.
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

lainey - did you do the long pole into soil and drop em in method?
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

no I did the make a hole chuck in some boiling water, chuck in a seed cover method a la someone on here sorry can't remember who.

Comment

I've got about 3 on the go at the lottie, and about 5 in the fleeced in deep carrot bed; which isn't being defleeced until mid june. I'll give you an update then.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                    I chitted nicely on a piece of kitchen paper
                    You should know better with me around...
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Boohoo - no sign of anything here yet. I have a long row on the lottie (cos I love em) and two damp kitchen papers on the windowsill and have absolutely nada so far .... but I'm ever hopeful!!
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                        You should know better with me around...
                        you know what hun ... as I was typing I thought (honestly) of you and thought I should change it but then I thought b*gger that, they all know and love me by now hehehehe
                        Last edited by piskieinboots; 22-05-2008, 10:39 AM.
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

lordy lordy!
                          We do indeed know and love you piskie!
                          As for that naughty Wayne.........

Comment

Mine look big and leafy, it's hard to believe that they can't be harvested until October. Is it worth me sacrificing one sooner to look?
                            Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey View Post
                              Mine look big and leafy, it's hard to believe that they can't be harvested until October. Is it worth me sacrificing one sooner to look?
                              I wouldn't! I think the lovely lush leaves will feed the roots and make them big and yummy.
                              Last edited by lainey lou; 22-05-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X