pac choi and lime

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pac choi and lime

having read threads about lime and brasicas,and understanding that pac choi are of the same family,is there any benefit in laying down lime or putting some in the planting holes,as with the ususal brasicas,i plan to grow them within a fleece pen to try and fool the dreaded flea beatle,last year i put a pen together made out of perspex,2ft high,and no top,with lettuce inside,it worked quite well,they were all very clean plants,so thought i would give some fleece a go for my pac choi,with a top on,
    thank you
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 15-05-2008, 08:50 AM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    to try and fool the dreaded fly
    what fly?

the only pest my Pak Choi gets is slugs. (remember, it's a cool weather crop, so don't be sowing any until August, for an autumn crop - they just go straight to seed if you plant them out in the summer)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      what fly?

the only pest my Pak Choi gets is slugs. (remember, it's a cool weather crop, so don't be sowing any until August, for an autumn crop - they just go straight to seed if you plant them out in the summer)
      thank you very much for your reply and good advice,i realised soon as i read it what i said wrong, what a wally i am,should have said flea beatle,not much difference is there ,i have now changed my wording,so you NOTseeing things,nor have you wasted your time on me,i now feel a prize prat,got things confused with the carrot fly,
      last year i had some plants given,and every one got well destroyed,so just want to do right by the plants this year,thank you once again for prompting my brain.
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 15-05-2008, 09:07 AM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

You should still be OK growing pak choi at this time of year, despite the recent warm snap. As Two Sheds says it will bolt in hot weather but it's pretty quick growing and so you'll have eaten in before summer proper. Then give it a rest for a month or so until late summer for that autumn crop.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Apparently mint is a good companion plant for keeping off flea beetle.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X