Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsnips and Carrots

Hi fellow sufferers.

Am I the only one have trouble germinating my carrots and parsnips ? Sowed about three weeks ago, parsnips inside in tubes.
    It has been reasonably warm here in Paisley and I have been keeping them moist. Nothing come up.
    Picked up packet of cheap carrot seed at Aldis on Sunday, trying again.
    Everything else doing fine. Saturday, planted out onion sets in grow bags as soil diseased. Got Cut and Come Leaves in.
    I guess if it was easy it would not be so much fun.

Be good to gardeners.

Terryr

Welcome to the Vine Terry. Parsnips can take ages to appear - mine took 3 weeks. So don't despair with them. I would have expected your carrots to be up. If they don't appear in the next few days I would resow some. There's still plenty of time.
    If you go into your personal profile you can show that you are in Paisley. Good to have another Scottish Grape.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Terry, my carrots are now up but there has been no sign of any of my parsnips even after 6 weeks, so either the seeds have been eaten or i have got a duff packet. Sowed some more yesterday to see how the come on. Good luck with ya carrots.
      good Diggin, Chuffa.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

http://chuffa.wordpress.com/

Comment

Parsnips usually take about 3 weeks to germinate, so don't give up on them too soon. You really need the freshest seed possible for Parsnips, so Chuffa, I'd probably resow as 6 weeks is a long time to wait.
        I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X