X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French beans & peas potting question

Hi guys,

Need your help again.

Have planted dwarf french bean "Tendergreen", they are about 10" tall and need repotting. My garden still not ready, so I wold have to put them in the pot. Instruction on the packet says 6" between plants, 18" between rows. If I were to put them into 12" pot, how many plants per pot?

Same thing with peas, they are suppose to be planted 1 3/4" apart, 12" between rows. This variety (don't know the name - got them from Germany) grows 20" high. So how many would you recommend sticking to a 12" pot?

Thanks in advance,

PS was wondering, what is the average harvest per bean/pea plant? (it's my first time growing)
    Last edited by norazina; 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM.

can anyone help?

Comment

If they're going out into the garden later then give them 4" apart? & 7 per pot, 6 round the outer and 1 in the middle, beans & peas?

We grew some adante dwarf french beans in a black recycling box last year, they gave a reasonable crop. I think we put about 12 plants in, this year we've put 9 (3x3), but they're not the biggest dwarfs!
      Last edited by smallblueplanet; 12-05-2008, 12:12 PM.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by norazina View Post
        the packet says 6" between plants... If I were to put them into 12" pot, how many plants per pot?
        If it's 6 inches to a plant, that's two plants in a 12 inch pot, isn't it? Or not?
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          If it's 6 inches to a plant, that's two plants in a 12 inch pot, isn't it? Or not?
          I thought about it too...looked up "Square foot gardening" and it says 8 dwarfies per sq.f....confusing, guess will try putting 7 in one pot and perhaps 3 in another and see which fares better

thanks for your input SBP & Two Sheds :-)
          Last edited by norazina; 13-05-2008, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X