Asparagus again but different question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus again but different question

I have been reading with interest the bits on aspargus as i planted some crowns last year, they came up spindly and this year appear to be doing the same again but hey ho im sure it will work out in the end.

Now for the question, Can you transplant an established asparagus bed? I ask because my dad had fab asparagus that was only about 4yrs old unfortunately he passed away last month and we will have to sell the house, I would rather not leave the asparagus behind and am hoping against hope that I can move it.

I read they don't move very well but I would say give it a go, if the house has got to go what have you got to lose?

Any condolences about your dad too btw.

janeyo

Comment

Well if they cAN'T be moved what are all these crowns that every one sends for. I would say go for it and every time you pick one what a lovely reminder of your Dad. I feel for your loss by the way and hope you are able to rely on someone when you are down.

Comment

Dig your dad's plants up with as much root as you can manage. Plant into ready prepared holes of similar size on your lottie, water well and hope!!

Comment

Yes, you can move them. Prepare your bed first, then lift your Dad's crowns (good way of remembering him if he was a gardener, you know how gardeners don't like to waste anything), put them in a bucket of water overnight and then replant withing 48 hours.
          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

thank you all so much. Will go along this evening and get the necessary ready. yes it is a great way to remember my dad and as he had a very large productive bed and i have 4 sisters we can all remember him that way, they were his pride and joy (apart from us of course!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X