Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My strawberries are backwards why?

what the heck has the weather done.!!!!
    i have 125 strawberry plants, and they seem to have got themselves all confused.
    my lates symphony have all started flowering and growing strawberries, this has been happening since begining of april, my mids are also flowering but only a little earlier than the time they should be and not quite strawberries yet and a couple have shot runners already and my earlys are just starting to form flowers. ive not used no clotches or forcing agents and ive not labelled the plants incorrectly. Anyone got any ideas why? or an explanation, really appreaciate your info or thorghts they are well looked after, maybe its me i may have a special touch or something, my rhubarb was only devided in march and came from a friend and its so big already and full of sticks that seem to appear and sprout from nowhere daily not to mention the size of the leaves, but i do pot grow maybe thats the practical solution, i know shouldnt pull sticks in the first year but i think i may have too, what size should the sticks be before i cut some off, my dads after some so if i have to pull some off i have a volunteer to eat it, as i dont like it, only got it for dad. judging by the total amount of flowers on the strawberries il have lots of fruit, so wont be going picking or to the supermarket this year. i hope my other fruit bushes and trees fruit the same way ive got around 100 ish all different kinds so really hoping. all the best and happy fruiting kelly-aka percycharlie

I really fancied strawbs today but they were so expensive so I walked by...and came home to find most of my little patch has flowers. So very happy indeed.

Early; don't get too hung up on which is which. It could be because the earlies were sown later than the lates; Early should really be called speedy - it's the rate to harvest NOT the time of year that they will sprout that gets them called 'earlies'. You can plant early potatoes in August and get a crop at Christmas...and plants don't ever read books so have a life of their own once they get going.

Plus, the compost they were originally sown in, any fertilisation they have had, the sun/heat and a whole range of other factors that all go into the mix.

Plus the magic touch of course!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X