I think my chillies are flowering!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my chillies are flowering!

As far as I can tell they have started to flower already! They are indoors (on a windowsill) and only about 1-2 feet tall. This is the first time I've grown them indoors, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but I've grown tomatoes outside before so I think I know what the "pre-flower" buds look like.

Is it usual for this to happen indoors so early?

Steven
    http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Dunno but mine have buds on too - they are in the cold greenhouse now.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Some of mine too, hot ones and sweet peppers.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I have a sweet pepper thats around 2 inch long and loads of flowers

I have 1 hot pepper plant thats still quite small and 2 that i only sowed a few weeks ago

Comment

i'm majorly jealous...all my seeds took ages to germinate...and are now outside in unheated greenhouse....no where near flowering I'm sure....should I bring them back inside?
          "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

"Only about 1-2 feet!" if only mine were They are only about 2" high I planted them indoors in February and have only just put them in the greenhouse. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

It seems I've been quite lucky! Going to stop "complaining" now
              http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gemlady
                ...if only mine were They are only about 2" high I planted them indoors in February ...
                February?! When did they germinate? Ours went in in Feb and they're now in the unheated g/h most about 9"-12" high, some with flower buds.

Comment

It does depend on the variety, I have some that are about a foot tall and some only a couple of inches, all sown back in Jan / Feb, some are just smaller plants. For example my japapenos have majorly overtaken the Purple Tiger, despite being sown about 6 weeks later.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

i'm feeling quite fed up after reading this thread! mine are just so wee! planted them in march, was that too late? really wanted a load of chillies this year to preserve/dry etc!
                    Last edited by deezyb; 05-05-2008, 07:58 PM.
                    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

what varieties deezby? they do grow at different rates as Alison says.

Comment

SBP - have Anaheim, Apache and Jalapeno - I noticed they were all slow to germinate but figured once they got going things would be a bit more productive! I'll be patient though...what are your thoughts on these Chillis?

Comment

We've got a couple of apache's and a jalapeno and a purple jalapeno. The Apache was germinated later than the jalapenos but is still a 'shrubby' little (4"-5") plant. The purple jalapeno is about 14" with the first flower buds showing, the other jalapeno is about 9". They were started in 2x2cm modules in a heated prop, then potted on into 10cm pots and have been kept inside in the dining room at temps of about 18/19C on a south-west facing window. They were potted on to 5"-6" pots and have been in the unheated g/h for about 2 weeks.

We've grown anaheim before, didn't get much from them. I like jalapenos, not too hot, and tasty. Never tried the Apache's before so....

Comment

flowering?????? wow wee, goodeoh........mine are rubbish lol......
                            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

wot are you feeding them with?, mine have just got buds on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X