Chilli seedlings look like Courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli seedlings look like Courgettes

I sowed the mixed chilli seeds came free with last months GYO mag and two of the seedlings look identical to my courgettes. I know I've not got the two packets mixed up as I sowed the courgettes a few weeks before the chillis, and I only sowed 8 of the chilli seeds - all of which have come through but two of em look just like the courgettes

Hmmm strange looking chili , has anyone swap you pots around ?
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Didn't the seeds look different? Pepper seeds look nothing like courgette seeds.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Nope, they couldn't have. I sowed the courgettes in loo rolls and the chillis in a seed tray. I sowed both lots the same day I got the seeds, which was a good few weeks apart. On both lots, the seed leaves are fairly thick with ridges (well kind of ridges) in them and the next lot of leaves are kind of spikey round the edges

Comment

Small blue planet, I'm sure I would have recognised if the chilli seeds had looked like courgette seeds. I'm just gonna have a quick look in the packet of chillis to see if all the remaining seeds look the same

Comment

Nope, just checked, and I definately would have noticed if two of the seeds I sowed from the chilli packet were courgettes - they are totally different and even I would have been able to tell the difference

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X