Potatoes.........I now have signs :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatoes.........I now have signs :)

As per my post on the 21/04 (Potatoes .......no signs)
    Well i've been on the lottie all weekend planting out caulis and sprouts and i decided to have a look at the potato bed 2 see if there any signs yet !!!! And i was delighted what i found they have started to show some signs of life after 7 weeks Yessss!!!!! Is it usual for potatoes to take so long?

TheGrosvenorStPlot

Happy happy joy, mine have done the same thing!
    I actually dug one up a week ago to check they hadn't rotted, was pleased to find it shooting. Possibly they were just waiting for the warmer weather? Also, you can chit potatoes to get 'em ready to grow- ie sprout them in a dark place - but I didn't do this, guess that might have slowed them down.
    Still waiting for the jerusalem artichokes to show themselves though, but I've been told that you can just 'throw them in the corner of the garden 7 they'll grow!'

Comment

Dont Dont and Dont chit potatoe's in a dark place all you will get is long white shoots they need to be in as light a place as possible jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

31 March - put all spuds in the lottie
        27 April - first leaves up (Kestrel)

they're off !
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My spuds went in at Easter (22 March) and I saw the first leaves when I went to the lottie on 17 April - now they're all showing a small rosette of leaves.

I remember the first year I grew spuds (in the garden, before I had a lottie), and it seemed like ages before the first leaves showed, but once they got into the light and could start photosynthesising, they shot up!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X